Is it too late for a “start the new year” post? One of my “resolutions” for 2013 is to be more productive; less surfing/fiddling, more doing. With that in mind, I recently spent a fews days doing the following:
- Emptied Mail.app Inbox. Zero’ed it out.
- Reviewed, reorganized and scrubbed OmniFocus: every project, context and task
- Cleaned out RSS Starred list, with a bunch going to Pinboard
- Cleaned out Twitter Favorites
- Cleaned out Instapaper. Now it only has things that are to be read…later.
- Re-organized nvAlt notes; delete, combine, tag and title
- Deleted a bunch of unused apps on the MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad
- Desktop Inbox folder (apps to tryout, random downloads) nearly emptied
- Desktop folder for inbound scans emptied. Paperless FTW.
- Cleaned out Safari bookmarks. Some of those hadn’t been clicked in a loooong time
- Started changing passwords. Along those lines - removed access to Dropbox for apps I no longer use. Ditto for Twitter.
It has been liberating. Now time to get to work, and hopefully not fill all those buckets back up with unnecessary crap.